Spring in Nepal Adventure with Mark & Eames
April 3 - April 17, 2018
You have been handpicked to receive this very exclusive invitation to join Tiny World Tours on a "trip of a lifetime" as we spend 13 full days (14 nights) exploring Kathmandu and the Solukhumbu region near Mt Everest with Mark Holzbach and Eames Demetrios while Eames plans and installs new Kcymaerxthaere monuments.
Although there will be time allotted to seeing sights in and around Kathmandu, the majority of our time will be in the Solukhumbu region near Mt Everest. Weather permitting, a helicopter experience for viewing Mt Everest & returning to Kathmandu will be optional (with additional cost depending on the number of participants).
Throughout, participants will witness the continued development of the Kcymaerxthaere project and Eames's design, planning, and site selection in Nepal. Major highlights will be experiencing Nepali hospitality, visiting Monasteries, attending a village Buddhist festival, trekking in April weather, and Kcymaerxthaere. Although much of the time our group will be at the new “Kyirmu" Sherpa Lodge at 8,000 ft (similar altitude to Santa Fe, NM), we will trek to remote villages and monasteries and spend nights in village lodges and a mountain tea house.
The total in-Nepal expedition portion cost of this Nepal experience (lodging, transportation, meals, Sherpa guides & porters, entrance fees, experiences at Buddhist monasteries, etc) is $2,750. Participants arrange their own international transportation to Kathmandu, with opportunities for optional Nepal & Bhutan trip extensions (advice provided upon request) and/or stopovers possible in various global hubs.
Included in the package will be all hotels , ground transportation around the country, paid entrance to museums, access to workshops and production facilities, and most meals.
Day 1 (Tuesday, April 3rd)
Arrive in Kathamdu (or arrive a day or two earlier if you wish w/ additional hotel charge) . We will meet you at the airport and provide transport to nearby accommodations. Explore hotel & area around hotel. D
Day 2 (wednesday, April 4th)
Full day (1) exploring Kathmandu highlights, meet fascinating locals, visit workshops and production facilities, & Kcymaerxthaere sites. Shopping. B, L, & D
Day 3 (Thursday, April 5th)
Full day (2) exploring Kathmandu highlights, meet fascinating locals, visit workshops and production facilities, & Kcymaerxthaere sites. Shopping. B, L, & D
Day 4 (Friday, April 6th)
Partial day Kathmandu sights, afternoon drive and hotel check-in at Mountain Resort B, L, & D
Day 5 (Saturday, April 7th)
Leisurely breakfast at Mountain Resort, drive to Solukumbu region (about 8 hours) and check in Kyirmu lodge in Phaplu B, L, & D
Day 6 (Sunday, April 8th)
Altitude acclimatization (about same altitude as Santa Fe, NM). Morning orientation Hike to mountain lookout, explore Phaplu area on foot (or by vehicle if you prefer). B, L, & D
Day 7 (monday, April 9th)
Walk to Najing, our Sherpa host's homestead, have lunch, relax, have dinner and spend night. B, L, & D
Day 8 (Tuesday, April 10th)
Day hike from Najing to "Lhakpa Everest view" site - a possible site for Kcymaerxthaere monument - return to Najing. B, L, & D
Day 9 (Wednesday, April 11th)
Day hike from Najing to PK tea house - spend night. B, L, & D
Day 10 (Thursday, April 12th)
Early morning ascent of PK Peak for special Mt Everest view - descend to Junbesi and check into lodge. B, L, & D
Day 11 (Friday, April 13th)
Explore Junbesi and Thupten Choling monastery. B, L, & D
Day 12 (Saturday, April 14th)
Attend Dumchi festival in Jumbesi B, L, & D
Day 13 (Sunday, April 15th)
Return to Phaplu, and fly (at additional cost) or drive to Kathmandu & check in to hotel. Dinner on your own. B, L
Day 14 (Monday, April 16th)
Decompression day in Kathmandu. Shopping. Special farewell dinner B, L, D
Day 15 (Tuesday, April 17th)
Transfer to Kathmandu airport and fly home (or to your next destination).
- Experience Kcymaerxthaere with it's Geographer-at-Large, Eames Demetrios, and experience its expansion in Nepal
- Learn about Tibetan Buddhism and with a chance to meet the reincarnated successor to Trulshik Rinpoche, "Destroyer of Illusion" and teacher of the Dalai Lama - a four-year-old lama. Visit multiple monasteries.
- Experience the unforgettable Dumchi festival (annual high point festival of the Tibetan Buddhists near Mt Everest) in the charming village of Junbesi.
- Enjoy exquisite mountain views including Mt Everest during various treks/hikes, with optional helicopter ride (weather permitting and at additional cost)
- Learn about the process of rebuilding Unesco World Heritage sites in Patan, Nepal.
- Learn about the Kathmandu contemporary art scene from one of its foremost experts.
- Visit a factory where traditional handmade materials are made into contemporary architecture and design products.
- Authentic direct-contact cultural experiences such as Sherpa hospitality.
- 14 nights accommodation
- All admissions and guided tours as described in the itinerary
- Gratuities for drivers, guides, etc.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner as noted in itinerary above
- Personal expenses (phone, laundry, internet, etc.)
- Meals, beverages, and activities not indicated
- Travel insurance (cancellation/interruption, delay, baggage, accident & medical)
- $2,750 (double occupancy) full payment is due on February 15, 2018
- If cancelling after Feb 15th, refunds are not guaranteed and will depend on recoverable expenses
The total in-Nepal portion cost of this experience (lodging, transportation, meals, guides, entrance fees, etc) is $2,750 per guest (double occupancy). Participants arrange their own transportation to/from Kathmandu, Nepal (airport code KTM), with opportunities for trip extensions (advice provided upon request).
Payment in full due date: 15 February 2018
* $1000 single supplement charge
* itinerary subject to change according to unforeseen circumstances / opportunities. On this itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, and D=Dinner included.