Tiny World Tours, in partnership with the Grand Rapids Art Museum, (GRAM) announces an intensive, carefully curated tour of ArtPrize 2018 on Friday, September 21, 2018. This day-long experience with GRAM Director Dana Friis-Hansen begins at 9:30 am with a Welcome and Curators Tour of GRAM's ArtPrize 2018 exhibition.
The day continues with lunch at the Downtown Market and an afternoon trolly tour of key ArtPrize destinations. Highlights include Meijer Gardens, where we'll meet with the DisArt curators Elizabeth VanArragon and Jill Vyn, who organized the international sculpture exhibition, Process and Presence. We'll explore awesome new art installations within the former Christian High School on Franklin Street with SiTE:LAB Director Paul Amenta, who will share the backstory of the exciting and ambitious site-specific projects. We'll end at the ArtPrize Clubhouse, meeting Exhibitions Director Kevin Buist.
This ArtPrize Art Adventure culminates in a cocktail party with local, regional, and national cultural leaders and artists in a loft overlooking the city. Space is limited--reserve your spaces to enjoy a selection of exclusive artistic, culinary, and cultural experiences unique to Grand Rapids, plus exchanges with artists and cultural leaders.
This will be a full day-long art experience including the following:
- Guided tours of several Grand Rapids ArtPrize venues, including the Grand Rapids Art Museum (before it opens to the public!)
- Lunch stop at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market
- An afternoon trolly tour with guided tours of other important ArtPrize installations where we'll meet the artists and curators
- A visit to the ArtPrize Clubhouse, to gain insider's insights from the Exhibition Director
- VIP Cocktail party with artists and luminaries including heavy hors d'oeuvres at a downtown penthouse condo home overlooking the Grand River
Flight and accommodation bookings are not included. There's always lots to see and do in the area (and we'll be delighted to advise you), so if you're traveling from afar, consider coming a day or two early or staying later.
GRAM Members and Friends: ACT NOW! $50 Early Bird Discount through July 29, 2018.
* Cancellations are non-refundable, and tickets are transferable through September 19th.