Experimental choreographer Deborah Hay, one of the founders of Judson Dance Theater, has been a pioneer in Postmodern Dance since the 1960s, and continues to create, dance, and teach internationally. Tanz im August, one of the top international festivals celebrating contemporary dance, will celebrate Hay and her work with a RE-perspective from 1968 to the present, including two premieres. Tiny World Tours invites you to join Deborah in an intimate group experience that includes three nights in Berlin, a practice session, a talk with Deborah and the festival’s artistic director, the festival opening premier performance, and a dinner. This special tour is designed to pair with the “Through the Eyes of Artists: Berlin Stories” tour (August 11th - 16th). Informal access to additional Deborah Hay practice sessions and tickets to August 16th weekend performances of other Deborah Hay pieces can be added.
Three Day/ Three Night tour Highlights Include:
• Enjoy a spectacular group dinner together in a noted Berlin restaurant
• Experience the Berlin presentation of Deborah's museum installation, "Perception Unfolds," first produced by the Blanton Museum with a tour to Yale University in 2014, with project curator Annette DiMeo Carlozzi.
• Visit additional contemporary art venues with Annette and the group.
• Attend a rehearsal of “Animals on the Beach”
• Tickets to the festival premiers of “Animals on the Beach” and “my choreographed body”
• Special conversations with Deborah and the “Tanz im August” festival’s artistic director, Virve Sutinen
• An introductory welcome by architect and AIA Fellow, Emily Little followed by a Berlin architecture tour led by a local guide
• Time together with Deborah Hay in Berlin while she is being honored and her work is being celebrated
• Additional Contemporary Art and Dance world expert talks
Tour Cost $500 per person …. Maximum # of participants: 14
Registration and Full Payment Deadline: June 7th, 2019
(Itinerary subject to change according to unforeseen circumstances / opportunities)
Guests will be responsible for their own transportation and lodging, though Tiny World Tours will be delighted to assist with advising and booking Pre- and Post- hotel nights and other Berlin tours & activities.
Please consider making the most of your time in Berlin by also registering for our curated compliment “Through Artists’ and Architects’ Eyes: Berlin Buldings, Berlin Stories” Tour.